Thursday, December 24, 2009

ENMAX Pond Hockey - Edmonton/Sherwood Park Sports Photography

I had the pleasure of being asked to photograph the ENMAX Pond Hockey event in Sherwood Park last weekend. It sure was cold outside, but the kids loved it! Two Atom level hockey teams got to play a shinny game with members of the Edmonton Oil Kings and get signed autographs afterwards. I've never seen a "pond" hockey game before so I was pretty surprised when the game started with every single player, including four goalies, on the ice. The faceoff was hilarious (first picture)!  How can they even see where the puck is? I also learned that the gloves I was wearing were not winter appropriate!  My fingers were frozen! But I couldn't really wear big mitts because then I couldn't push the buttons on my camera. If someone invented proper winter gloves for photographers they'd make a million bucks. Well maybe not, but I'd certainly buy a pair.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment